Easy Chocolate dessert
- Take 240 ml (1 cup) of whipping cream and mix in 15 ml ( 1 tablespoon) of sugar, 5 ml (1 teaspoon ) vanilla in a saucepan about 1 liter ( 4 cup) capacity. Heat to the start of boiling. Remove from heat.
Note: This amount and type of sugar is personal taste adjust for your liking.
- Take 2 whole large egg yolks and whisk in a bowl until light and creamy, then temper with a little of the hot cream, keep whisking while adding a little more of the hot cream at a time until about 1/3 of the hot cream is in the bowl.
- Slowly add the warmed egg mixture back into the pot of hot cream mixture whisking as your adding it.
- Heat back to the start of the boiling point remove from heat.
- Add 60 grams ( 2 oz ) of high quality dark bittersweet baking chocolate ( at least 70% ) like Z chocolate, Bernard Callebaut, or Cacao Barry and stir until melted and mixed thoroughly.
Note: These are brands that I am o.k. with in small quantities. Use what is good for you.
- Pour into 4 clear glass serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap to keep it from creating a film cool. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Serve with a dollop of real whipped cream and fruit ( like strawberries or raspberries ).
This recipe makes 4 small or 2 generous servings. If you want to serve more people just double the ingredients.
Note: This is lighter than a mouse but still rich tasting. Closer to a custard or a pudding.